Saturday 1 June 2013

The Lily Bethesda Teaching and Learning Conference - Ted Ed

This conference is an absolute feast of teaching and learning ideas and innovations. Many presentations focus on theory, research and pedagogy and many on just "how to" or "what I do is". I wish everyone who does any teaching with us at the Disability and Community and Inclusion Unit could be here. But as that is not possible I am going to use this blog to try and share as much good stuff as I can. I might even keep this going as a place where we can all share. I appreciate for part time teaching staff and tutors in particular that you often don't get to hear about or engage with teaching innovation and pedagogy.

But I know I value those of you who teach with me...giving feedback and making suggestions on how we can make tutorials and lectures and online activities for that matter more interesting.

SO here is the first one....

TED ED .this is an extension of the TED talks videos but it is a place where you can create learning activities around video etc, or see what others have done and tweek and change it. Its free to register so I have joined up and urge you all the have a look at it. I feel we could really engage students with such technology.
Here is the link
http://ed.ted.com/

I will add more as I go
Back to my popcorn and pepsi....only in America would they serve this for afternoon tea.

1 comment: